Table of Contents
Things you need to know
- You (Sponsoring /Exhibiting organisation) by returning the sponsorship booking form or the exhibition booking form accept these Terms and Conditions.
- We/Us (MCI ABN 76 108 781 988) representing the Organising Committee and the Host Body do not accept responsibility for any errors, omissions or changes.
- Details may change without notice. Please refer to the website (www.ausrail.com) for the latest information on the event.
- MCI has been engaged by the Host to provide Event Management Services in respect of the Event.
- Phone or unpaid bookings will not be accepted.
- Packages of up to $15,000 are required to pay a 50% deposit at time of booking with the remaining 50% to be paid by 25 May 2024.
- Packages of over $15,000 are required to pay a 50% deposit at time of booking. The second deposit of 25% will be due 25 May 2024 with the remaining 25% to be paid by 25 August 2024.
- If you miss the payment date, any time dependent discounts will be forfeited— i.e. you will be billed at the next highest level (early rate to standard, etc.).
- You will not receive any sponsorship or exhibition entitlements, including allocation of booth location (allocated in order of sponsorship/exhibition level) until all monies have been paid.
- All sponsorship and exhibition prices are in AUD.
- All prices are inclusive of GST
- Payments can be made via EFT.
- If you pay by electronic funds transfer or you agree to pay any bank charges and must include these in the amount you transfer.
- If you pay by credit card a payment processing fee may be applied.
- You must notify us in writing if you need to cancel.
- Cancellations before 25 May 2024 will be refunded less 15% admin fee.
- Cancellations between 25 May to 25 August 2024 will be refunded less 65% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations on or after 26 August 2024 will not be refunded.
- Your non-payment does not cancel your contractual obligations to us.
- No exhibitor shall occupy allocated space until all monies owing to the organiser are paid in full.
In the unlikely case that the event cancels
- The Sponsor acknowledges and agrees that the Event may be cancelled from time to time for any reason, including but not limited to Intervening Occurrences, either by MCI or by the Host.
- The Sponsor agrees that neither MCI nor the Host is liable for any losses, damage, liability or claim caused to the Sponsor directly or indirectly by cancellation of the Event for any reason whatsoever.
- If the Event is cancelled for any reason whatsoever before its commencement, MCI must promptly notify the Sponsor in writing and provide reasons, and both parties are discharged from further performance of their obligations under this Agreement, excepting that obligations contained in this clause 4, and provisions that survive upon the termination of this Agreement, remain binding on the parties; and
MCI must, within 90 days of cancellation, reimburse all monies paid by the Sponsor under this Agreement, after deduction of reasonable expenses already incurred by MCI in connection with this Agreement, up until the time of cancellation of the Event.
- If the Event is cancelled for any reason whatsoever during the Event, MCI must promptly notify the Sponsor in writing and provide reasons, and:
- both parties are discharged from further performance of their obligations under this Agreement, and provisions that survive upon the termination of this Agreement, remain binding on the parties; and
- MCI must, within 90 days of cancellation, reimburse such portion of the monies paid by the Sponsor as reasonably reflects the reduction in value of the sponsorship benefits to which the Sponsor is entitled under this Agreement, and after deduction of reasonable expenses incurred by MCI in connection with this Agreement, up until the time of cancellation of the Event.
- The extent of refunds will be a matter for the Host Organisation (the underwriter) to decide. We have no responsibility for making refunds and attempts to cancel cheques or credit card payments will be rejected by our bank.
- On termination of this Agreement by either party for any reason:
- all Sponsorship Benefits and all Sponsorship Contributions cease, provided that the Sponsor must pay all Sponsorship Contributions payable to MCI that are due and payable under this Agreement up to an including the date of termination;
- the Sponsor must cease referring to itself as a sponsor of MCI, the Host or the Event, as the case may be;
- MCI must, at the option of the Sponsor, return to the Sponsor or destroy all information, promotional and other materials in its possession that contain any such reference;
- each party must cease making further use of the Intellectual Property of the other party; and
- such termination is without prejudice to any and all rights and remedies which had accrued to the benefit of the parties to the date of termination.
You and your staff—onsite
- Your application to sponsor and/or exhibit does not constitute an attendee registration. You will need to do that separately online.
- All exhibition staff must be registered online—i.e. complimentary exhibitor registration, or by purchasing additional exhibitor staff registrations.
Logos and other printed material may, at our sole discretion, be reproduced in colour (where possible), OR the nominated conference spot colour/s OR mono depending on method of production.
The sponsor must provide suitable material to meet our publication requirements and deadlines.
Please provide all material at 300 DPI at 100% in jpeg (preferred for website) AND eps (preferred for print) format including, where possible, RGB or Pantone colour equivalents.
Where applicable, advertisements are to be supplied by the sponsor.
No print or web recognition will be given unless payment terms have been met.
- All sponsor functions must be endorsed by the AusRAIL conference managers
- If you are approved by the congress organisers to host a private function, sponsors must do so at their own expense and within the time & date the congress managers approve.
- Failure to notify or receive approval for hosting a sponsor function during AusRAIL may result in forfeiture of sponsorship fees/entitlements, or the ability to be involved as a sponsor or exhibitor to AusRAIL in the future
- You may not assign, share, sub-let, or grant licences for the whole or part of the booth without our prior approval. Please email the congress manager for further information.
- We reserve the right to ask you to remove any display items we deem as unacceptable.
- You must conduct business only from within the confines of your booth. You may not tout, or place any material, outside your booth/space causing obstruction of the aisles.
- You will be responsible for any reasonable costs of repairing the booth or premises should you paint, mark or damage any fixtures or fabric.
- Food, beverage or prohibited items are not permitted at the event unless prior arrangements are made with the conference managers.
- Any supplier you use onsite must conform to the venue’s OH&S, insurance and other regulations.
- You are solely responsible for any physical loss or damage to your own property.
- You must hold a current public liability insurance policy for a minimum of AUD10,000,000. Please forward the name of your insurer, your policy number, the insured amount and its renewal date to us at least four weeks prior to the event. Entry to the venue will be denied if you have not provided this information. If you are unable to organise insurance cover as required, please contact the congress managers to discuss options.
- Your name and contact information, including electronic address, may be used by parties directly related to the event such as the organisers and approved stakeholders, for relevant purposes such as promotion, networking, and administration of this, and future events of this type. If you do not consent, please advise us.
- In addition, your name, organisation, country/state of origin may be published on the list which is provided to delegates, exhibitors and sponsors at the event. If you do not wish your details to be included in this list, please contact us.
- Ad-hoc or unapproved non-sponsor functions running prior to, during or post congress are prohibited. Failure to comply will result in a forfeit of sponsorship fees and entitlements.